Generator Safety Key With More Victims of CO Poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning has sent nine people in a Homestead duplex to the hospital. Miami Dade Fire Rescue Lt. Felipe Lay warns that no matter how hot it is in the wake of Hurricane Irma, you could die if you don't follow generator safety when trying to keep cool in a powerless home.

 

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's Office is confirming a Hialeah man died after leaving a generator too close to a home.  Authorities said the 26-year-old was pronounced dead at a hospital Wednesday when he was found unconscious at a residence with the device running. At least six Floridians have died since Sunday from incorrectly running them.

Martin County Couple Ill After Improper Use Of Generator
Martin County Couple Ill After Improper Use Of Generator
Authorities say generators should be used outdoors.
 
Lakeland Child, 7, Dies in Home with Generator
Lakeland Child, 7, Dies in Home with Generator
Believed 5th carbon monoxide death in Florida in a day
Nathalie Rodriguez

Nathalie Rodriguez

Want to know more about Nathalie Rodriguez? Get her official bio, social pages & articles on 939 M I A! Read more

title

Content Goes Here