Fidget spinners might be hot toys in the literal sense. Gizmodo reports two of the novelty toys caught fire while charging recently.
Women in Alabama in Michigan say their children's fidget spinners were plugged into wall outlets when the rechargeable battery-powered toys caught fire, melted, and scorched the surface beneath them. One said the spinner had been charging for about 45 minutes when it burst into flames.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says it's investigating.
In the meantime, the agency warns people to keep an eye on their fidget spinners while they're charging