An 8-foot python slithered into a Florida garage, where it was spotted by the homeowner taking his dog for a walk.
Joseph Liscinsky tells the Sun Sentinel that he quickly put his 14-pound dog back inside his Pembroke Pines house after being startled by the snake Friday morning. Liscinsky said the python bit his fingers as he wrestled with it before wildlife officials arrived.
Pythons are not venomous but they have a sharp bite. The snakes are an invasive species in Florida, where they are blamed for decimating populations of native mammals.
Liscinsky said he worried pythons could use a nearby canal to travel from the wetlands in the suburbs. According to Liscinsky, wildlife officials planned to euthanize the snake.