A survey this week over a quarter of us haven't started our Christmas shopping yet. Here's why you might be avoiding it: Another survey just found that shopping is the MOST stressful part of the holidays. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Shopping for gifts. 37% ranked it as one of the most stressful aspects of the holidays.
2. Traveling and visiting family.
3. Extra cooking.
4. Receiving gifts. So GETTING presents stresses a lot of us out?
5. Dealing with crowds and long lines.
6. Other shopping-related stressors.
7. Attending parties and social events.
8. Family politics.
9. Fitting in extra work. Especially if you work at a store, or in the service industry.
10. Hosting friends and family.
In general, 69% of people in the survey admitted they sometimes turn to "unhealthy" coping mechanisms to deal with stress, like junk food and alcohol. And the average person spends $960 a year just trying to de-stress.