Back to School time is stressful for me and I'm not even a parents! All the rushing around, the shopping, the stress levels in the kids even changes. I see it at my dance studio GiGi's Academy every year around this time. The anticipation, what friends will be in your class, what will the teachers be like, it's a lot even for the little ones.
There's so much we can do to make it better for them though!
- Having a solid evening routine before bed
- Having a solid morning routine before heading to school
- Establishing a weekly schedule that helps kids (and parents) stay on track with after school events
During the Meet and Greet sessions with teachers here are some questions you can ask:
- What's the best way to reach you?
- Which websites/apps will be used during the school year?
- How much homework will require a computer?
- Does my child need to have his/her own device for school?
I wish these sites had been around when I was in school! Both Dade and Broward county schools also have the portals, or toolkits as they call them that have all the info needed for the school year organized by categories. All your back to school needs at a glance for parents from calendars, to events, to the programs offered this school year.
What are some tips you recommend for a successful school year?