June can be a pretty big shopping month with Father's Day around the corner and summer season kicking in. If you're looking to save some money, here's a quick guide on what you should buy and what you should skip in June . . .
1. Movie tickets. In the summer, lots of movie theaters offer programs that let kids see movies at discounted prices. Check with your local theater to see if it offers a program like that and if you need some suggestions on what to watch this summer, check out my #CHATSwithGiGi podcast on summer movie suggestions!
2. Swimwear and lingerie. Victoria's Secret holds its semiannual sale in January and June, and lots of other retailers do too. So it's a good time to save big on swimsuits and underwear.
3. Gym memberships. Gyms are more eager for sign-ups at the beginning of summer, so you might be able to negotiate a better deal.
And two things you should skip are . . .
1. Grills. Since summer officially starts in June, the higher demand for grills means higher prices. But there will probably be more sales later in the summer.
2. Designer clothing. The prices are better in July, when Nordstrom holds its annual Anniversary Sale! You can get all kinds of name brands at discounted prices.