HEAL THE PLANET ACTIVATES SOUTH FLORIDA COMMUNITIES IN A CELEBRATION OF THE PLANET
Heal the Planet Day educates and empowers families to live sustainably through a free chefs competition, garden workshops, live music, and expert talks.
Fort Lauderdale, FL - S mall, local acts can make a big difference in offering solutions to global challenges. The first Earth Day on April 22, 1970 activated 22 million Americans in celebration of clean air, land, and water. This Earth Day, Heal the Planet (HTP), the local non-profit dedicated to educating and empowering people to care for and take ownership of the world around them, is hosting its third annual Heal the Planet Day to bring together the South Florida community in celebration of our place on this planet.
"Events like Heal the Planet Day offer children and families the opportunity to expand their thinking and learn about ways they can play a part in creating the kind of planet they would like to see.” says HTP Founder, Ken Fisher. “Besides that it's full of fun,interactive, and experiential activities."
Heal the Planet Day has become a catalyst for building rich, interactive experiences for the South Florida community. Local farmers are paired with South Florida’s bestup-and-coming chefs in a Vegan Cooking Competition. Expert gardeners in the “Grow Your Own Food” How-To-Zone demonstrate growing techniques that save money and reduce your carbon footprint. Attendees can also stay in motion by visiting the Kid Zone, yello! Movement Zone, and live music pavilion.
This year, Heal the Planet Day proudly presents the SoFlo Vegans Speakers Corner offering stimulating, thought provoking presentations by local experts centered around healing the planet through compassion, conservation, and community.
The free event made possible in part by sponsors including Holman Enterprises, OrganicIndia, yello!, Legacy Bank of Florida, Lucky’s Market, 93.9 MIA, Edible South Florida,Natural Awakenings, SoFlo Vegans, Green Bar & Kitchen and Whole Foods makes living sustainable accessible and fun so everyone will want to take an active role in creating real, lasting healing for the planet. To find out more about Heal the Planet Day or to become a sponsor, visit www.healtheplanet.com/healtheplanetday/Event Details
Date: April 22, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Esplanade Park, 400 Southwest 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
Website: healtheplanet.com/healtheplanetday Facebook: facebook.com/healtheplanettogether
● Farmer and Chef Vegan Cooking Demonstration
This multifaceted competition showcases the best of the local and seasonal produce grown by local farms alongside the food preparation skills of some of South Florida’s best up-and-coming chefs.
● “Grow Your Own Food” How-to Zone: A variety of backyard and urban growing techniques are showcased by local experts to provide attendees with practical knowledge on how to grow their own food and reduce their carbon footprint while saving money and increasing nutrition.
● SoFlo Vegans Speakers’ Corner-Planet healing talks offered by local environmental and wellness experts on topics such as clean energy, choosing vegan for health and the environment,water matters, and health and wellness.
● Kids Zone- Free activities including sustainable arts & crafts, storytelling, educational activities, face painting, games, and more.
● yello! Movement Zone Offering mini classes, yoga, Pilates, dance, and more
.● Live Music Featuring the Drum Café and more artists to be announced!
● Conscious Vendor Village
● Healthy Sustainable Food