Jollof Rice with Serrano Ham
Recipe by Chef Hector
· ½ cup diced red peppers
· ½ cup diced onions
· 12oz Serrano ham
· 3 cups parboiled rice
· 5 ½ cups water
· 1/3 cup Badia Olive Oil
· 2 tbs. Badia Jollof Rice Seasoning Mix
· 1-8 oz. can tomato puree.
· Heat Badia Olive Oil at medium-high
· When hot add the peppers and onions.
· Mix well, when translucent add the ham and cook stirring for two minutes.
· Add the Jollof Seasoning and mix well, add the water and tomato sauce, mix.
· When the water comes to a boil add the rice and mix well, cover with lid.
· Cook for 15 minutes at medium-high.
· Then remove the lid, mix rice and lower heat to medium-low.
· Cover and cook for half an hour.
· Then it is ready to serve.
· Serves 4 to 6 people